Bristol - Commutable from Bath, Swindon, Chippenham, Weston Super Mare, Taunton, Highbridge, Bridgwater, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Trowbridge
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum DOE plus excellent benefits incl. pension scheme, flexible benefits scheme & private medical insurance
Ambridge Harris is recruiting for an Operations Accountant on behalf of our well known client based in Bristol. This position has been newly created in which you will review, post and reconcile North American, UK and European payrolls and produces consolidated and entity Balance Sheet Reconciliations for the same entities. There is particular emphasis on improving Fixed Asset control and reporting.
- Posting monthly payrolls and related costs for 13 entities across 11 countries (bi-monthly in North America)
- Analytical review of payroll and related costs
- Reconciling payroll posting to payroll-provider reports and payments made
- Reconciling payroll and related benefits control accounts
- Maintenance of policy and process documentation
- Review of Additions and Disposals for compliance with policy, both direct postings and indirect via review of period costs
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register and sub-registers by entity or asset class ensuring consistency of classification and calculation of closing values
- Summary reporting of movements
- Compliance with Group standards in terms of content and format
- Coordination of Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation process for the Group
- Reconciling nominated non-payroll accruals and prepayments and sundries
- Consolidating comprehensive entity Balance Sheets where required (typically Year End)
- Reporting on significant movements and resolving errors and anomalies
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrable understanding of accounting for payrolls and benefits, particularly with regards to control accounts
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrable understanding of Fixed Asset accounting, controls, and records keeping
- Previous experience of preparing reconciliations that convey the story rather than list transactions
- Previous use of a financial systems package such as GP, Sage etc.
- Excel skills sufficient to manipulate and tabulate data using Pivot Tables, Conditional calculations and linked workbooks Experience of SME working and culture in a financial role.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77451676