Interim Management Accountant - long term contract
Our client - a well known Services business - are looking for an interim Management Accountant for a 15 month maternity cover role. This will be based at their Falkirk site.
A well known, very successful Services business
This role is to support the Financial Controller with the preparation of accounts for an allocated portfolio of project companies. They are also responsible for the overall delivery of all invoicing, credit control and creditor payment processes and cycles, as well as maintenance of the financial records, ledgers and day books for the relevant companies in their portfolios
- Ensure compliance with contractual documentation and all agreed programmes and procedures.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and perform a review with the relevant Finance Manager in accordance with the agreed timetable.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in line with company procedures.
- Review the payments and bank instructions for approval.
- Prepare the annual operating budget for review and approval and process it into the accounting system.
- Prepare the treasury investment proposal.
- Prepare the quarterly corporation tax payments calculation and recommended payment for approval.
- Review and approve the VAT, PAYE, NI, CT61 and R185 returns ahead of processing.
- Undertake the company secretarial administration duties as instructed.
- Maintain the statutory books and loan note registers in line with procedures.
- Manage the statutory audit process, liaising with the auditors for the companies in their portfolio and compiling the statutory audit working papers for submission.
- Prepare the draft annual statutory accounts for review.
- Review and approve sales invoices prepared by the Finance Assistant ahead of distribution to clients.
- Undertake the review and approval of the monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ensure the continuous maintenance of the corporate calendar in respect of activities undertaken by the Accounting Team.
- Draft the end of year corporation tax computation for review and approval.
- Prepare interim accounts in accordance with the agreed calendar
- Prepare dividend and loan note certificates
- Support the relevant Finance Manager in the delivery of contractual financial information
- Participate in the development of the finance function, team and system
- Carry out other duties that fall within professional expertise.
The successful candidate will:
- Be fully qualified
- Have management accounting and statutory accounting experience.
- Have experience working within a compliance focused environment.
- Have experience in identifying potential issues in respect of complex legislation or policy and providing clear and comprehensive verbal and written analysis
- Be able to clearly communicate technically complex financial issues.
- Be able to communicate effectively, even when challenged, the reasoning behind an opinion and recommendation with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support a technical team through the full range of the employee lifecycle.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with relevant contractual obligations.
- Prepare written reports and other communications to ensure a professional style and to a high standard of written English.
- Utilise various financial software packages and Microsoft applications.
- Extremely competent in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Prioritise and adhere to strict timetables in a pressurised environment.
A competitive salary
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77468321