JOB TITLE: Temporary Management Accountant - Maternity Cover
REPORTS TO: Company Secretary/Financial Director
Hold responsibility for the Management Accounting function for the company.
Monthly Management reporting & any other reporting requirements internally and to Head Office
Preparation of the month end & Annual year-end financial reporting packs, Audit files, CT packs , and other regulatory reporting
Preparation, discussion & presentation of regular forecasting using the tools of Excel, Cognos, and the ERP Accounting system
Involvement in conjunction with the Company secretary in the annual, interim budgets build
Management of AP and AR functions
Management of the Logistics function jointly with the Company Secretary
Any other tasks in relation to the Finance Dept.
Cover the Company Secretary in the case of absence
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
The Job holder has power to recommend on any matter regarding the effectiveness of costs, solutions and processes relating to the core management accounting function and supply chain
PROBLEMS AND CHALLENGES
Maintain good working relations with Head Office affiliated subsidiaries
Dealing with Audit requirements pertinent to the role of Management Accountant.
Dealing with matters/issues with regard to customers , in particular the large Retailers
Dealing with department heads on matters in relation to their project spend from budget, spend, ,adjustment and forecast
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
PART QUALIFIED minimum level of qualification required for the role
A high level of initiative to deal with unexpected matters as and when they occur in all matters of Management accounting..
Ensuring adequate level of technical knowledge, and maintenance thereof in regard to requirements of the role
Proficiency in the use of Excel to advanced level (Vlookups, Graphical, modelling), Experience of an accounting system (we use Microsoft Dynamics - Navision)
Understanding of the budgetary process including the application of project accounting to achieve
Understanding of the retailer business model and the accounting treatment with regard to Retailer payments, remittance deductions, and matters relating to their T&C ,and supply chain
- This will be a Full Time role: Mon to Fri - 8.45am to 5.00pm (37.5 hours per week).
- At least 2 years' experience an absolute must.
- Start date approximately to be 20th November 2017 (TBC) ending 14th December 2018 (TBC).
- Salary will £35,000 per annum.
- 3 months probationary from start date.
- Operational Team Management Experience essential - will also have to be able to incorporate/learn our logistics dept. function (1 staff) as well as looking after AP & AR staff (2 staff).
- A small amount of audit experience- this person will be the first point of contact day-to-day for auditors and will be doing some of the audit preparation schedules (Nov-March) so ideally needs to have done this at least once (even on a small scale will be beneficial)
- Comfortable & Flexible with learning & covering Logistics dept. as and when required.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77479536