Process and Packing Technologist
Palethorpes Bakery, an award-winning and market-share leading ‘Chilled Savoury Pastry’ food manufacturer, are currently looking for an experienced Process and Packaging Technologist to complement an existing passionate and enthusiastic Development team.
Our Vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. As a member of our Development Team you will be directly contributing to this vision through your core tasks and responsibilities as identified within the attached job description.
The successful candidate for this role will need to demonstrate the following:
- Planning, organisation and project management.
- Presenting / Panels.
- Efficient factory trials.
- Getting the best out of self and others to meet business goals.
- Commercial understanding of product costs and business goals.
- Food Technology/Science/Legislation Knowledge.
- Self-Motivation and drive to get the job done.
- Thinking things through and identifying solutions.
- Analysis of data through the development process.
- Creative mind with idea generation.
- HND/degree in Food or Science based subject.
- HACCP training.
- Basic Food Hygiene certificates.
- Food Legislation. Relevant employment Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to understand the factory processes
- Experienced in packaging
- Competent in Excel/Word/Retailer Specification Spreadsheets.
- Time & Attendance
- Lives within a 30 mile radius of Market Drayton (TF9 3AL)
In return for the above the successful candidate will receive a total reward package that includes:
- A competitive salary of between £23,000 and £25,000 dependent on experience
- Company Pension
- 33 days holiday entitlement
- Formal and informal learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice opportunities for Childcare Vouchers
- Heavily discounted staff shop
- A progressive working environment that puts its people at the heart of what it does
So who are we? If you haven’t heard of us before we are one of the largest employers in Market Drayton, Shropshire and part of the wider market-leading and UK based Addo Food Group. As part of this award-winning Group, we produce chilled savoury rolls, savoury hot pies, pasties and slices.
Our business has been producing products in this category since 1852 and the Palethorpes Bakery has operated from its current Market Drayton site for 50 years, a milestone we recently enjoyed celebrating with the local community in September.
Palethorpes Bakery’s success is driven through our team of passionate people who inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation and integrity. Recent examples of this vision bought to life include our recent investment of £2 million to develop a unique cooking method, inspired by one of our Chef’s, which produces consistently succulent meat. This is the first use of this technique in the market and has enabled Palethorpes to grow its market presence by winning substantial new business.
If you would like to join our award-winning, market-leading team please use the ‘apply now’ link and follow the on-line application instructions.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team soon!
- Career Functions
- Job Alerts
- Returning Candidates
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77444860