Purchase Ledger Clerk - Travel Company
Purchase Ledger Clerk - Tarvel Company
Salary to £28,000
My client is a leading worldwide travel company specilaising in long haul destinations.
They are now seeking a Purchase Ledger Clerk who will be responsible for checking supplier invoices/statements on daily basis and paying them in a timely manner as well as chasing suppliers for missing invoices and sorting out rate queries, processing wire transfers and filling them with the relevant paper work.
My client will consider candidates with Purchase Ledger Experience within the Travel industry. Please DO NOT apply if you do not have this experience within the travel industry as my client will not consider you.
Purchase Ledger Clerk Duties include:
Daily duties involve settling balance to suppliers (Hotels, Flights and transfers
Ensuring suppliers have invoice correct rates.
Processing and inputting invoices
Payment runs. Prepare manual and Wire transfer payments
Filing receipt of payments along with relevant invoice
Responding to Emails efficiently and maintaining good relationship will all suppliers.
Ensuring all supplier invoices are filed accurately and timely
Resolving supplier queries by Phone and Email.
Query supplier on discrepancy providing breakdown calculation based on valid contract.
Purchase Ledger Clerk Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of oneyear’s accounting experience with puchase ledger or accounts payable role within the travel industry is essential
- Diploma in Accounting or Finance/Qualified AAT/Part- Qualified CIMA/Bookkeeper an advantage
- Must be organised and good at prioritising workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook is essential.
Purchase Ledger Clerk Salary and Benefits:
* Base salary to from £23,000 to £28,000 depending on experience
* 20 day’s holidays
* Health Care
* Discounted holidays
To apply for this Purchase Ledger Clerk role, please email your CV to or contact me on for additional information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77483865