Your next challenge.....
Nigel Wright Recruitment are delighted to be supporting a manufacturing business in County Durham with the recruitment of an experienced Management Accountant to join their finance team. This is an exciting opportunityfor a motivated, ambitious individual who is either part or newly qualified and seeking a role that will provide scope for development in the future.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the computation of the various company accounts and monthly financial reports, both P&L and Balance Sheet,
- Calculating monthly accruals, prepayments and depreciation.
- Maintaining accurate fixed asset registers.
- Inputting financial data to the monthly management information packs to given deadlines and provide variance analysis and commentary as appropriate.
- Assisting in the preparation annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Developing product costing and subsequent profitability analysis within the manufacturing division.
- Continually adapt and improve all aspects of reporting, utilising strong IT skills.
- Help prepare year-end statutory accounts, liaising with auditors as required.
- Computing and submitting quarterly VAT returns and various other statistical data to the appropriate authorities.
- Supporting Director's and senior management on ad hoc basis, to help business decision making, and to ensure that best practice is established and maintained.
- Help develop the finance system within the wider ERP context, to achieve effective and efficient ways of working.
- Ad-hoc tasks to help meet the day-to-day responsibilities of the small finance team.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be experienced in monthly management accounts, ideally within industry/manufacturing.
- Be experienced in financial modeling, and profiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Have extensive exposure to computerised accounting systems, preferably in an ERP context.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, and with external professionals.
- Have proven inter personal, relationship building skills.
- Be self-motivated and be flexible, working as a team player, willing to embrace a "can- do" culture.
- Be Part qualified or newly qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA.
- Have advanced Excel skills including the use of Pivot Tables and Look-Ups.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77465330