The financial accountant based in Chesham will also support the Head of Finance to ensure robust control of the Balance Sheet position and will be a key player in the monthly close process. This position will initially manage a small Accounts Payable Team of 2 but is anticipated that the size of the team will increase and the expectation is that it will include the management of payroll and treasury.
Delivering state-of-the-art wireless and telecommunications solutions that give our customers a competitive edge.
We are global leaders in the provision of advanced wireless coverage and mobile communications systems, producing innovative, cost-effective solutions that address market requirements for improved connectivity, greater capacity and better quality of experience.
Our client based in Chesham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
- Responsibility for key aspects of the month end process and monthly reporting effort.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for the UK legal entities.
- Preparation of the UK corporation tax returns.
- Management of both the preparation of statutory accounts for overseas entities and corporation tax returns.
- Timely preparation of R&D tax credit workings to maximise funds recovered from HMRC.
- Update and maintain transfer pricing documentation.
- Enhance financial policies and procedures to ensure they are consistent across the business.
- Manage external audits for the Coverage legal entities.
- Preparation and management of BS reconciliations for a number of legal entities.
- Play an active role in identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Preparation of the VAT returns for a number of territories, UK and Overseas.
- Other ad-hoc projects and tasks that may be required.
- Qualified accountant, with a minimum of 3 years PQE in financial accounting department of a listed company or SME and from an ACA/practice background.
- Experience in preparing statutory accounts (UK GAAP & IFRS) and corporation tax computations.
- Experience dealing with overseas tax matters and statutory accounts audits would be also be advantageous.
- Experience in designing and implementing process improvements & controls.
- Experience in Balance Sheet Management, including preparation of supporting reconciliations.
The successful financial accountant will benefit from a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to progress and learn within a global leader
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77384058