Graduate Teaching Assistant
We are working with a leading secondary school in Southwark who are currently looking to recruit 2x teaching assistants to start in January 2018.
This is a full time position in an outstanding oversubscribed school. Candidates need to commit for the full academic year and beyond.
The selected candidates will be working across the school supporting students on the SEN register. You will be expected to work on a 1:1 or class basis with specific students, assisting them with their class work up to GCSE level. Other responsibilities include monitoring the behaviour and progress of small groups working on a supported curriculum and also assisting students with their work, under the instruction of the class teacher.
This position would suit candidates who have aspirations of becoming a teacher.
The school is near a mainline train station and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Degree from a leading university
- Previous support work within a school or child related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77398771