Accounts Payable Administrator
I am working on behalf of my client, who are a luxury retailer with an international presence, on a position within the Accounts Payable team to start as soon as possible (within 1 week).
This role will be working in a fun team of 4 within the wider finance function, with responsibilities including processing invoices, BACS payments, raising purchase invoices to suppliers and liaising with suppliers to deal with any queries.
The luxury retail company specialise in jewellery and accessories and have a presence across large parts of Europe and the US. You would be working in a small, vibrant team within the organisation but will be in close contact with other finance teams across the group
The office is located a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly Circus, so please ensure you can easily commute to this location.
The key duties
- Review and verify invoices before processing them into SAP
- Verification of invoices includes obtaining confirmation with the legal team that a valid contract/agreement with supplier exists
- Identify originating department and distribute invoices to staff members for authorisation
- Ensure the necessary approvals are identified and obtained quickly, following up on those outstanding
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues in a timely manner
- Correspond with suppliers and respond to inquiries
- Prepare invoices for the weekly BACs and foreign currency payment runs
- Raise purchase orders to suppliers and occasional invoices to customers
- Assist with month end closing by completing the reconciliation process between internal invoice logs and SAP
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
The successful candidate
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
- 2-3 years in an Accounts Payable role (or a role with a strong AP presence)
- Strong Excel (advanced knowledge would be beneficial)
- SAP experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Any European languages would also be useful due to the international nature of the business
- Someone with a strong personality who would fit into a bubbly team
- Well-organised and conscientious, able to work to tight deadlines
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Pro-active and looking to take on new opportunities
This AP role is a 3 month contract to start ASAP, if you have got relevant experience and are open to taking on an opportunity within a well-known retail company, please apply now!
The rate of pay will depend on your level of experience, and will be between £12-£14 per hour.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77458594