Management Accountant (Overhead and Operations)
As Management Accountant for Overheads & Operations, you'll have strong analytical skills to take responsibility for the analysis, adjustment and allocation of the overheads financial data. You’ll present the data in a structured way that provides useful information for the assessment of business performance and you’ll work closely alongside business areas, supporting and advising on strategic and operational decision making through commercial insight that drive better business performance.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensuring timely provision of strong, accurate and relevant analytics (data and analysis) transparently to all stakeholders.
- Production of commentary & analysis to support movements against budget and forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Production and presentation of monthly reporting packs to the management teams.
- The production of the first cut of budget and forecast numbers for Direct & Indirect overheads.
- Preparation of monthly forecasts with operational leads.
- Business partnering with both finance and non-finance partners across the business.
- Supporting the financial accounting and management process with all month-end tasks as required.
- Responsible for accruals and prepayments for overhead cost centres.
- Overhead analysis and reviews with cost centre managers
- Develop cost control and analysis
- Support the Head of Finance and operational leads with ad hoc duties to drive continual improvement and operational excellence.
- Reconciliation of key control accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Coaching non finance colleagues on aspects of financial control/commercial understanding applicable to their roles
- Ensuring all Group Finance policies, processes and procedures are known, understood and consistently applied.
- Working in an efficient manner with all teams across the business to ensure efficient and accurate data capture at source and compliance.
- Driving standardized processes and methods.
- Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Providing effective commercial procedures, or initiating change, to ensure key operational, commercial and financial objectives are delivered
What we're looking for:
- Excellent Microsoft office skills, especially Excel
- Experience working within a busy finance department
- Strong analytical skills and ability to present financial information
- Good team worker
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Business partner experience
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Thorough approach and high attention to detail
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Degree level 2.1
- Part Qualified – ACA/ACCA/ CIMA
- Good GCSE and A Level (or equivalent)
- Experience of managing cost centres is desirable
- Previous exposure to the property industry and operations is desirable
- Report writing and presentations skills is desirable
In return we can offer a challenging and supportive environment as well as excellent benefits including private healthcare, life assurance, a generous pension, birthday leave and a health and employee wellness package. ?
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77216889