Learning support assistant
Veritas are working with a co-ed secondary academy in Wandsworth. The academy has been rated 'good' and has a highly successful and expanding 6th form. The academy are looking for an enthusiastic and committed learning support assistant to supervise children within the SEN department. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting SEN students or secondary aged students. The role will involve supporting learning, raising attainment, improving behaviour and liaising with senior management.
The school is located a walkable distance from a mainline train station and close to various local bus routes
Key skills needed:
* Academic, ideally hold a degree in any specialism
* Experience of working in an educational setting, SEN experience is desirable
* working within small groups and 1:1
* Behaviour management
* Professional and friendly approach
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77418159