Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a Training provider in Central Birmingham who are looking for an Accountant who will be responsible for reporting which includes producing the management accounts and year end statutory accounts to ensure compliance with accounting standards.
- As the Accountant your role will include preparing the annual consolidated financial statements for the organisation and each of its subsidiaries annual reports, and in accordance with the appropriate accounting standards, and to liaise with auditors.
- Your role will also see you preparing income and expenditure statement, consolidated balance sheet, cash flow statement, and commentary, to be incorporated into the monthly into the monthly management account packs, as well as year-end balance sheet and full year cash flow forecasts.
- Developing tools and reports to aid the organisations understanding of financial performance across the business units and areas of activity. Ensuring best practice activity based costing methodologies.
- Implement new processes and controls where needed to ensure that the organisations accounts are relevant, robust and efficient, with an eye on continuous improvements to drive change across the business.
- Providing support to the Head of Finance in the group year end, budget, and five year planning process in accordance with agreed timetables.
Is the Accountant role right for me?
The business has a new Finance Director who is pushing to change the culture of the business, starting with a finance team that has previously been very risk averse and in need of commercially minded individuals who want to drive change. As a recently qualified Accountant with either ACA or ACCA, you will be searching for a position that offers variety, opportunities to make changes and add real key achievements to your CV.
The role is within walking distance of Snow Hill, New St and Moor St. train stations.
- £40,000 - £45,000
- 25 days holiday
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77439174