Interim International Accountant
Interim position of 3 months, with a potential 3 month extension to be responsible for the full accounts of 3 operations in US and Germany. This will be a varied role where you will be exposed to everything from Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Management Accounts and Intercompany accounting.
You will be reporting into the Financial Controller working in a team of 5 within the Finance team in London.
The client are a forward-thinking law firm who specialise in the Intellectual Property, with an international reputation for providing niche services and specialisms. Their three main markets are across Germany, US and the UK with views to expand globally. They work with various clients including pharmaceutical organisations, biotech companies, banks as well as large multi-nationals.
This is a very varied role and candidates will be responsible for:
- Maintaining Fixed Asset, Accounts Payable, Prepayments, Accruals and Cash ledgers
- Ensuring US disbursements are loaded into practice management system as well as accounts system
- Processing all credit card payments (UK and US) on to accounts system
- Completing monthly reconciliations including bank reconciliations and intercompany reconciliation
- Monthly management accounts for German and US offices
- Managing cash flow for Germany and US offices
- Managing the firm's expense management system (aCloud)
- Liaising with local accounting and tax advisors, with the assistance of the Financial Controller to ensure statutory and tax reports are submitted on time
- Ensuring financial records are maintained in compliance with policies/procedures
- Resolving accounting discrepancies
- Assisting Credit Controller
- Ensuring accurate recording and analysis of revenues/disbursements and expenses
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in preparing US and German accounts including German VAT and US GAAP
- Knowledge and experience of intercompany transactions
- Strong IT skills (ideally Access Dimensions)
- Team working skills
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently with minimum supervision
- Background in professional services, preferably legal
- A knowledge of German (Written and Spoken preferably)
- A willingness to get involved in a variety of tasks including AP, Fixed Assets as well as the Management Accounts)
This Interim International Accountant position is initially going to be for a period of 3 months, with a view to being extended for another 3 months.
The salary would be up to £40,000 for candidates with the relevant experience.
The role is to start immediately so please apply if you are available to start immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77286719