Senior Actuarial Analyst - Modelling
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- To support Actuarial Risk Analytics (ARA) in the development, maintenance and testing of actuarial modelling activities to support IFRS reporting, local statutory reporting and economic capital calculations.
- To lead ARA input in the development, maintenance and improvement of the processes for the above activities.
- To support the lead on relevant aspects of the ARA engagement with the global insurance entities related to actuarial modelling for IFRS reporting, local statutory reporting and economic capital calculations.
- Manage quality assurance of wider team's deliverables including junior member's deliverables
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- A nearly qualified or recently qualified actuary
- Good knowledge of insurance products, regulation and financial reporting. Familiarity with products sold in Asia would be advantageous.
- Ability to speak French would be an advantage.
- Experience of modelling in Prophet and/or MoSes.
- Ability to communicate information in a confident and structure manner to all levels of management.
- Ability to influence business managers, to establish and maintain co-operation.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to operate within cross functional teams.
- Flexibility to assist in other areas within the broader Actuarial and Risk Analytics team as requested.
- Significant leadership and customer relationship management skills
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 00009ZUP.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77418826