One of our Central Support Offices is based in Gosforth and is a bustling hub of Parkdean Resorts. This exciting place to work houses all the essential supporting functions for our 73 holiday parks along with our award winning Contact Centre.
This modern office has a great feel, a mix of energetic knowledgeable professionals all working as one unified team to achieve Parkdean Resorts objectives. Based near the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, it has great transport links.
Are you ACCA, CIMA, or ACA part-qualified and looking for your next career opportunity? Our fabulous Finance team have a permanent Management Accountant role in our Central Support Office in Gosforth, Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
The successful candidate will be working in the Management Accounts team and will play an important role in providing weekly, monthly and periodic reporting in an accurate and timely fashion, supporting our business to grow profitably and ensure that our balance sheet controls are robust and fit for purpose. This role works closely with the rest of the Management Accounts team, the FP&A team and all other areas of the finance team to ensure sound controls and insightful MI, drive improvements in the business IT and finance systems – particularly in relation to efficiency and ease of use for operators to eradicate manual processes, timing differences and reconciling items and the reduce the risk of material error
As a Management Accountant you main responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure reporting is relevant and targeted to business needs, preparing and posting weekly journals as required to maintain accurate datasets
- Support and assist with the development, publication and review of regular performance measures, weekly reports and monthly management accounts and commentary to identify business issues and opportunities being proactive in putting action plans in place.
- Provide ad-hoc MI to provide business insight as and when required.
- Complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliation for areas under control and be able to present these to management explaining key variances and discrepancies.
- Analyse, review and understand key variances liaising with the FP&A team and parks or Central Support Office departments to resolve queries.
- Support the development of, and be responsible for delivery of BI across the group with focusing on strategic measures/KPIs; live reporting daily/weekly and a simplified view – are we winning or losing.
- Assist in the identification of efficiencies particularly in relation to admin and finance processes and assist in moving the business to a live reporting environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous management accounting experience
- Have a great attention to detail
- Have advanced Excel skills
- Be highly organised & self-motivated
- Be highly numerate and analytical with excellent communication skills.
- Be able to adhere to strict deadlines and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment
- Have the ability to work within a team and develop positive relationships with both finance and operational colleagues
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77345714