Accounts Payable Assistant - Immediate Start
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join this hugely successful organisation. This is a great opportunity to gain a varied and interesting role working in a busy environment.
Previous work experience would be desirable although the organisation will consider an AAT qualified individual or accountancy graduate without experience as full training will be provided.
You will be part of a friendly Accounts team and the position will initially be offered on a 6 month contract basis from now until the end of April. Thereafter, there may be permanent opportunities for the right individual.
This is a full time Accounts Assistant role, focusing on the following activities:
- Accounts payable - processing invoices, statement reconciliation
- Doing payment runs
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Set invoices up for payment
- Enter and upload invoices onto system
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Respond to enquiries
- Assist with monthly reports
The ideal candidate
You need to have previous accounts experience gained from work and / or college. This may suit an accounts assistant in between jobs or a recent college leaver seeking further experience. Ideally you will have worked with computerised systems previously, although full training will be provided. The ability to work well in a team and possess a keen and positive attitude is important for this role. High attention to detail with accurate keyboarding skills are also necessary for this position.
The company offer a great working environment.
We anticipate a high volume of applicants for this role so unfortunately won't be able to reply to each individual application. If we are able to consider you for the shortlist we will contact you within 3 working days, if you have not heard from us within this time you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77432279