SEMH Teaching Assistant
Celsian Education are currently searching for Level 2 & 3 SEN Teaching Assistants that hold an up to date Team Teach qualification for a Special School based in Manchester. The positions are due to start in January 2018 but could be sooner depending on the calibre of the successful candidate.
About the school
The school supports the learning of children that are in primary phase (5-11 years old) who have social, emotional or mental health difficulties and offers places for pupils with a statement of SEN (Special Educational Needs) or an EHCP (Educational Health & Care Plan) that identifies SEMH (Social Emotional & Mental Health). The special school works closely with local mainstreams schools by offering SEN staff to the school to help support children that may show SEMH traits and reduce the number of pupils that attend the special school.
The successful candidates main responsibility will be under the guidance of a teacher, provide support and addressing the needs of the pupils who require more support to help overcome barriers to learning.
· Support for pupils
- Work with groups of children whilst working under the supervision of the classroom teacher, which include delivering therapy and programmes of work which implement ILPs.
- To provide pastoral support to students
- Receive and supervise pupils, which may have been removed from the classroom or not working to a normal timetable.
· Support for Teacher
- Assist the teacher to ensure a safe classroom and outdoor environment by checking materials and personal equipment for defects. After lesson will help tidy up making sure all equipment and resources are put away safely.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance as required.
· Support for the curriculum
- Provide support in all areas of the curriculum and also on social occasions for pupils who have been assessed as having medical conditions, which disrupts their independence in mainstream school life.
- Agree learning activities/teaching programmes and adjusting activities accordingly to the pupils needs.
The school are looking for someone who has recent experience (within last 2 years) who has worked with SEMH in a relevant setting, school setting would be desirable and support your application but residential setting would be suitable also. Candidates will be responsible for providing proof of qualifications- Level 2 & 3 Teaching Assistant and Team Teach certificates. Personality is something they are also looking for and must be confident, resilient, approachable/friendly and able to work off own initiative at times.
To apply for this position please apply with an up to date CV or to enquire more information on the positions then please get in touch.
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77421018