Purchase Ledger/Accounts Receivable Clerk- Travel Industry
Purchase Ledger/Accounts Receivable Clerk
Salary to £28,000
My client is a leading worldwide travel company specilaising in long haul destinations.
They are now seeking a Purchase Ledger/Accounts Receivable Clerk who will be responsible for processing high volume invoices, payment runs and reconciliations and undertaking a wide variety of accounting responsibilities.
Purchase Ledger/Accounts Receivable Clerk Duties include:
- Handling supplier invoices on a daily basis, ensuring matching to purchase orders & delivery notes.
- Processing supplier invoices in batches onto the system ensuring the company’s purchasing approval process is followed.
- Ensuring employee expenses are submitted and processed as per the company’s expenses reclaim policy.
- Assisting in the production of accurate reconciliation of accounts - banks, debtors, creditors and inter-company balances, to efficiently resolve any discrepancies.
- Processing electronic payments in a timely and accurate manner
- Various administrative duties including filing of documents
- Processing all petty cash payments
- Other Ad hoc tasks
Purchase Ledger/Accounts Receivable Clerk Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of two year’s accounting experience with puchase ledger or accounts receivable
- Diploma in Accounting or Finance/Qualified AAT/Part- Qualified CIMA/Bookkeeper an advnatge
- Must be organised and good at prioritising workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook is essential.
- Oracle Experience Desirable and will be an advantage.
Purchase Ledger/Accounts Receivable Clerk Salary and Benefits:
* Base salary to £28,000
* 20 day’s holidays
* Health Care
* Discount holidays
To apply for this Purchase Ledger/Accounts Receivable Clerk role, please email your CV to or contact me on for additional information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77411867