Trainee / Rework techinician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electronics Rework Technician to join ECU TESTING LTD based in Heanor, Derbyshire. In return we offer a competitive salary of £14800-20000 per annum based on experience plus benefits to include a performance bonus that varies between £60 - £500 per month, 32 days’ holiday per annum (inclusive of bank holidays), free uniform and safety wear, free takeaway meal every Friday, access to fully equipped company gym, regular overtime paid at double time, a large luxury hamper on your birthday, annual company team-building days out and very good in-house career development opportunities for those who are willing to work hard, learn fast and demonstrate required skills.
ECU Testing Ltd is a market leader in automotive control unit remanufacturing. We develop ECU (Electronic Control Unit) remanufacturing solutions for Engine Management, Transmission, Anti-Lock Braking, Electric power steering, instrumentation and comfort control systems for the automotive aftermarket. Everything we develop is done in house by our large R&D team, from the reverse engineering of VM (Vehicle Manufacturer) control systems to the design and build of bespoke HIL (Hardware In the Loop) testing platforms.
The Electronics Rework Technician will be responsible for reworking electronic control units for cars. These are small embedded computers that run various functions of a modern vehicle such as the engine, gearbox, ABS brakes, electric power steering etc. The job role will involve testing control units on our purpose built HIL (Hardware In the Loop) vehicle simulators, then disassembling and reworking them using components and processes of a higher standard than the original.
Experience is not essential as full on the job training will be provided to the successful candidates/trainees.
Duties will include:
- Testing electronic vehicle parts
- Stripping and reworking PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards); soldering circuits and replacing small surface mounted components, often with the aid of a binocular microscope
- Following written SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Using bespoke and modified software applications to interrogate and reprogram electronic control units
- Using company work flow management software application to record all work undertaken
The job will involve the stripping and rebuilding of some dirty/oily components so the successful candidate must be prepared to get their hands dirty. Training on automotive systems, electronics and rework procedures are given on the job from our in-house training staff.
The successful Electronics Rework Technician will have:
- Good manual handling skills for working with small components
- Keen eye for detail
- An interest in automotive technology
- Soldering skills an advantage but not essential
- Electronics knowledge down to component level an advantage but not essential
- Automotive mechanical/electrical knowledge an advantage but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A methodical approach to fault finding
- Logical and critical thinking skills
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 06:30–15:00.
Please apply online to be considered for the Electronics Rework Technician role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77403884