Management Accountant - Global Media Group
A Management Accountant with demonstrable general ledger experience is needed to join a leading global media group that boasts a fantastic collaborative culture. Working from their London office expect to ensure the smooth running of the Management Accounting function for a content leader who's brands include news, sports, entertainment, technology, business and gaming.
With over 1 billion people visiting their websites globally each quarter, this international firm is the world's largest premier online content network for information and entertainment. With the ability to reach 19% of the world's population they own an unparalleled collection of industry leading sites. They are now seeking a talented Management Accountant to play a key role in the preparation of their monthly accounting results.
Joining as the Management Accountant you will be responsible for the development of the Accounts Payable Coordinator whilst working within a talented finance team to maintain an efficient and accurate accounting function. Whether you are preparing financial reports / statements including but not limited to standard month end management accounting journals i.e. prepayments, accruals, coding corrections, P&L & BS review; reconciling the balance sheet; monthly reviews of payroll versus forecast; acting as the primary contact for auditors; working with the Senior FP&A to improve reporting or preparing and maintaining the Fixed Asset sub ledger, it will be your excellent communication and Excel skills that ensures this key accounting function runs like clockwork.
To qualify... You should be a Management Accountant / Accountant / Part Qualified Accountant / General Ledger Accountant or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in a similar accounting role within a finance department;
- Experience within a general ledger role;
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- You are technically strong on the understanding of accruals, prepayments, coding corrections, P&L & BS review;
- Experience with Microsoft Word & Oracle;
- Experience of managing and mentoring a small team;
- Excellent time management, organisation and communication skills;
- You are patience, action orientated with excellent interpersonal skills;
- You are ideally be part-qualified or working towards accounting qualifications (ACCA / ACA or CIMA).
Experience of working within a SOX compliance environment would be a bonus as would experience in preparing Annual Financial Statements or experience with TM1.
In return the Management Accountant can expect a fantastic environment that everyone truly loves to be in, plus an amazing benefits / perks package that includes: monthly massages, pizza evenings, waffle Wednesdays, breakout area (Fifa gaming, pool table, ping pong etc.), discounts for retailers, gym membership, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, private health insurance plus much more.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77360615