This MA role, part of probably the fastest-growing finance team in the South West, will have ownership for all month end tasks for a range of new and recent acquisitions.
My client are the fastest-growing group in the European sector. With expansion into Europe in May they are now pan-European market leader, achieved in under 6 years. And with the completion in August of their biggest deal to date (a 33 site group), they will soon be market leader in the UK, if not already.
The business, and finance in particular, manage this growth successfully from a collective responsibility to continually review, learn and adapt, at all times ensuring we have the right processes, systems and resourcing in place to deliver for the existing business and to accommodate future growth
They believe in putting people first through core values of openness, decency, dialogue and entrepreneurship, underpinning all their success.
- Ownership of specific business P&Ls, producing their monthly management accounts to a high level of accuracy
- Ownership of delivery of comprehensively reconciled balance sheets each month
- Dealing with queries regarding results, ensuring any process issues are picked up and resolved
- Working with the team to ensure current processes are efficient and fit for purpose, and to help identify areas for efficiency gains to support the next phase of growth
- Regular interaction with businesses to answer queries and help them with their process adherence
- Any other tasks as required
- Strong academically - educated to degree level and having completed their professional accounting qualification (CIMA or similar)
- Post-qualification industry experience, with evidence of CPD
- Well experienced in management accounting roles in similar sized organisations
- Must have sufficient commercial experience
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - flexibility is key
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel, and confident on various management reporting systems
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly
- Deadline focussed, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure they always meet them
- Understanding of small companies and how they work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well within the team, and communicate effectively but sympathetically with the businesses.
- First time qualification passes
- Experience of OpenAccounts would be an advantage
This role will pay a competitive basic salary
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77380101