Accounts Payable Assistant
Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full Time, Fixed term (until end of January 2018)
About the role:
This is a fixed term contract ending on 31st January 2018
Working within our Accounts Payable team which forms part of our Financial Services function, this role will assist in providing an efficient service to the business and our suppliers ensuring we pay purchase invoices within pre-agreed/contractual terms.
About Financial Services at Abcam:
The Financial services team is made up of 20 people across the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. The teams are based in the UK and work with a Global supplier and customer base providing a reliable, efficient and professional service.
They use technology such as Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software and have strong internal relationships with departments such as Sales, Marketing and Customer Service. It's a fast paced and rapidly changing environment which requires adaptability, flexibility and drive from all team members.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Accurately and promptly process approved expenses and supplier invoices/credits, to help ensure payment within agreed terms.
- Take ownership of, and resolve all queries in a timely manner. This will involve communicating with external suppliers and internal departments.
- Plan and organise time and tasks to ensure all deadlines are adhered to.
- To work with our suppliers regarding their statements, reconciling and updating them in a timely manner to ensure any discrepancies are resolved and a positive relationship is maintained at all times.
- Work closely with the Payments team so that the weekly payment runs are as seamless as possible.
- Keep the AP Team Leader informed at all times, escalating any problems or issues promptly.
- Assist members of the Finance Department with ad-hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess solid accounts payable / purchase ledger experience gained in a fast-paced. You should be used to high-volume processing.
You should have excellent attention to detail, great communication skills and an analytical approach to problem solving. You should be at ease with using basic functions of Excel and other MS-Office applications.
You should be a team player who is personable, enthusiastic and proactive.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
If you have the relevant skills, please click on APPLY and submit your up to date CV, with a brief cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role.
No Agencies please.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77187450