Accounts Receivable Controller - Fixed Term Contract to Dec '18
To manage all day to day aspects of the Accounts Receivable & Treasury functions for a global business in Bracknell.
This role will require weekly UK travel so you must have a car and be able to stay away overnight.
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company stands for. One of the pharmaceutical industry's top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing.
Manage the accounts receivable function for the UK entity in accordance with all relevant Merial commercial and finance policies.
Calculate monthly the credit note and bad debt reserve in accordance with those policies.
Reconcile all month-end sales ledger control accounts and intercompany sales ledger current accounts using BI's ICAR system.
Produce a range of monthly Accounts Receivable reports as required both locally and corporately.
Undertake annual credit limit reviews and recommend changes.
Minimize risk and meet DSO and overdue % targets.
Operate the company bank accounts for the UK and Ireland.
Prepare a bi-monthly cash-flow forecast for Group Treasury and assess optimal intercompany loan repayment.
Reporting in BI's Treasury Information System (TIS):
- Monthly cash/loan balances
- 6-Monthly forecast/budget of cash/loan balances.
Prepare UK bank reconciliations on a daily basis.
A good all round level of general education.
Previous experience in managing a medium sized sales ledger unassisted.
Good communicator with a persuasive telephone manner.
Sound basic bookkeeping knowledge.
IT literate with strong Excel skills.
Ability to meet deadlines essential.
- ? Knowledge and experience of integrated computer systems
- ? Interpersonal skills and team player
- ? Work on own initiative while processing invoices in a timely manner
- Good relevant experience of working in a Financial environment.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Experience of an Accounts Receivable system.
- Candidates will be expected to travel to Harlow probably once a week to learn about the other business and there may be occasions they may stay up there so you must drive and have a car and happy to travel.
Head Office is Bracknell, and after March they won't require to travel Harlow.
- Fixed term contract to Dec 2018.
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days paid holiday
- Private Healthcare
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77259421