SEN Teaching Assistants Needed
A number of SEN schools in South East London are recruiting experienced teaching assistants to cover short and medium term assignments. Working hours will be 8.20am to 4pm.
Students have varied needs including Autism (ASD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) and Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH). Ages range from primary through to post 16.
You must be flexible and enthusiastic with a passion for SEN. Knowledge of PECs, Makaton, Team Teach and tube feeding would be advantageous.
Graduates with some experience, especially those with a Psychology degrees will be considered. You must have proven child related experience.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Minimum A-C GCSEs or equivalent
- Previous support work, ideally within an SEN school or child related experience
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manor
- Enthusiasm and friendly approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77385817