This role offers an excellent mix of hands on financial management, people management and an opportunity to add value and drive results in an innovative and developing business.
Details about the Client
We are proud to be exclusively partnered with CURO Transatlantic who are a part of the CURO group.
CURO Transatlantic offers alternative financial solutions to non standard UK consumers who may be underserved by high street lenders.
Based in Leeds and Nottingham city centres, CURO Transatlantic is one of the UK's leading online loan providers, authorised and regulated by the FCA. Our aim is to be market leaders in tech driven financial solutions by being data and analytics driven, developing innovative products and services, and continually delivering better outcomes for our customers.
- Trust: Capable of building relationships with customers & colleagues based on trust, honesty & respect
- Forward Thinking: Capable of embracing change with a flexible approach
- Ownership: Capable of empowering colleagues to achieve both personal & business objectives
- Community: Capable of sharing knowledge with colleagues in order to celebrate success
Detailed Job Description
The successful Management Accountant will report directly into the Head of Finance and will oversee a team of two Accounts Payable Clerks.
They will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Production of timely, relevant and accurate financial reporting, including statutory accounts and preparation of the monthly management accounts pack
- Report monthly data to the Group for consolidation
- Oversee submission of statutory reporting requirements (Stats, Corp tax, PAYE, Vat, Cmpany filing)
- Streamline/automate exports, working schedules and reports where possible
- Complete monthly sign off of expenses, purchase ledger payment runs and all submissions to HMRC
- Develop internal management reporting systems and control to mitigate financial risks
- Produce annual budget and forecasts
- Report on bad debt performance
- Ensure management accounts, flash and Financial results pack are reported accurately and to deadline
- Management, motivation, supervision and development of the finance team, overseeing and ensuring quality output from each of the respective areas
· Other duties as assigned
- Model and ensure the day-to-day delivery of the six defined fair customer outcomes across all business functions
- Maintain awareness and ensure compliance with policies and procedures across all business functions
The successful Management Accountant will have:
- Previously worked in a similar role
- Started studying towards the CIMA or ACCA qualification (Part Qualified as a minimum)
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Up to date knowledge of accountant standard practices (i.e. UK GAAP)
- An organised approach to work and able to work towards strict deadlines
- Previously communicated with internal department heads, managers and senior managers
What's on offer
Salary up to £30,000 + study support and exam leave + 28 days holiday increasing to 31 after 2 years and 33 after 5 years (can also purchase an additional 4 days holiday) + 37.5 hours per week (flexible working hours) + company pension scheme whereby employer and employee contributes 3% + company discounts with leading retail brands + childcare vouchers + travel loans + cycle to work scheme
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Page Personnel.
Ref Code: PPTJ13869701Z
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77333867