Private Client Legal Secretary
Legal Secretary: Private Client Department (Chichester) - £21,000 - £23,500 DOE
Brook Street are pleased to present an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a leading firm of Solicitors based in the Chichester area as a Legal Secretary in their Private Client department.
In the private client department the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with client files, including Wills, Trusts, Probate, and Powers of Attorney. In time, the role is likely to include involvement in the progression of cases, especially Probate matters, under the supervision of a Solicitor. The role therefore comes with the opportunity for career progression. The successful candidate with provide direct support to their Principal Solicitor, to enable them to operate at maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a client-focused approach, possess good written and communication skills, a good grasp of grammar and spelling and be a fast and accurate typist. Attention to detail is crucial in this area of the law and a passion for private client laws and practices is important. Our client is looking for someone who wants to be part of a successful team in providing the highest service to our clients. Although experience in private client is desirable, training will be provided for the right candidate.
The preferred candidate will be an experienced legal secretary. Experience in litigation is desirable.
The candidate must have a high level of IT and typing skills, including competence in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, coupled with excellent written and oral communication skills;
A good telephone manner, accuracy and attention to detail are essential;
Must work well as part of a team and possess a pro-active team work approach;
The candidate will also be self-motivated, flexible and able to demonstrate a high level of organisational skills, with good control of diary and time management.
Main Responsibilities include:
- To assist in the preparation of correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing using the firm's computer systems;
- To ensure that all client work is progressed swiftly, and that clients are kept informed regularly on progress and cost levels;
- To assist in the administration duties which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual;
- To assist the firm's clients both in person and by telephone or email in the absence of the Principal;
- To use the prescribed office systems and procedures in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm's quality standards;
- To ensure the smooth flow of correspondence and other matters through the office;
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner;
- To ensure that all correspondence and enquiries are dealt with correctly and in a timely manner;
- To prepare mail, forms, cheques and enclosures for dispatch as necessary;
- To undertake or arrange photocopying as required;
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her Principal;
- To do everything possible to promote the firm within the local community and in particular, to work closely and liaise with, local estate agents and other professionals in order to win new clients;
- To provide effective back-up and cover for other staff at Chichester and other offices when required during periods of absence for whatever reason;
- To provide refreshments when asked to do so;
- To provide support to other staff at all times as required;
- To provide guidance to junior and temporary staff when required;
- To attend clients, both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner, in line with the firm's standards of client care, and keeping written record of any such attendance;
- To adhere to all good practice procedures as determined by the HOD, especially in relation to quality standards;
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall, to have a responsibility for self-development;
- To ensure the confidentiality of the firm's and its client's documentation and information;
- To market the services of the firm generally;
- To assist in the development of new products and service opportunities.
Our client is looking to hold interviews immediately with a start as soon as possible.
If you are still interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: https://www.brookstreet.co.uk/account/registration.aspx. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
To send your CV please apply via the advert or directly on Brook Street's website. For more information please contact Ben at Brook Street Portsmouth on 02392 829701 or apply to send your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77344057