Laser Welding Technician
Laser Welding Technician
£35,000 - £40,000
gap technical are proud to be representing this global manufacturing business in their search for a Laser Welding/Robotics Technician to work at their facility based near Wednesfield
- Working closely with the maintenance function ensure the welding facilities are maintained in accordance with the defined planned maintenance system.
- Support the maintenance engineers with planned maintenance ensuring effective implementation and accurate records retained.
- Continually review the planned maintenance schedule ensuring requirements of the laser welding facility are suitably reflected and uptime targets achieved.
- Work with the line Operatives and supervision to identify potential areas for improvement in support of productivity, Health & Safety and engineering uptime.
- Chair regular reviews with the maintenance department and review engineering uptime with an aim to introduce robust corrective actions while learning from events.
- Manage and lead plant breakdowns ensuring priority is given to resource and events are managed in a timely manner.
- Ensure lessons are learned from events and shared between engineers to minimise future breakdowns.
- Form part of an operational team, operating the laser welders in accordance with the Safe Working processes.
- Using engineering skills support the operational team to deliver productivity improvements with an aim to achieve Business productivity and utilisation targets.
- Communicate to the operational teams engineering uptime and associated preventive actions.
- Evaluate the capabilities of all processing equipment and specify any engineering enhancements to improve production and yield.
- Liaise with suppliers on new technology available.
- We are looking for somebody who has a HND / Degree in electrical engineering, along with experience with laser welding and associated technologies. The Process technician will also require the following experience:
- Trumpf disc and laser lines.
- Robotics - maintenance, servicing and programming. Ideally ABB systems
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Knowledge and diagnostic ability with Siemen's drives
- The successful candidate will need to be electrical and mechanical competent with knowledge of both computer software and hardware. HMI / PLC / CNC functionality will also be required.
Please send your CV and call Jamielea at gap technical on 01925 406 525
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on 01925 406 525
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 26/11/2017
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77364293