Accounts payable coordinator
LG Recruitment are recruiting for one of our key clients based in Newcastle:
To support the financial efficiency of our client through ensuring that monies are promptly paid out to customers and suppliers.
You will be working as a member of my clients finance department within the operations team, reporting to the Financial Controller. Occasional business travel will be required. The role will be based at their Newcastle office on the Cobalt Business Park.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- To be responsible for ensuring all bank transactions are reconciled daily in a timely manner.
- To be responsible for raising and accurately coding purchase invoices for the business, and to ensure that payments are made to customers on time once they have been approved by the Financial Controller and Business Process Manager.
- To be responsible for raising purchase orders as requested by operations team colleagues. Ensuring that all purchase orders are marked as billed when the purchase invoice is received and processed.
- To be responsible for ensuring that accounts payables are paid out on/by their due dates and reporting any issues to the Financial Controller aiming for aged payables over 30 days to remain at 0%.
- Process operational team out of pocket expenses and mileage using receipt bank and tripcatcher.
- To be responsible for reconciling company credit card transactions and accurate coding of them.
- To support the Financial Controller to produce the monthly management accounts (all actions to be completed by the 10th of the following month).
- To provide financial support to operations team colleagues. For example, support with budgeting for projects or spreadsheet advice.
- To visit five practices per year to build relationships and share knowledge in the areas of xero and its affiliated products.
- To ensure that reproducible protocols are available for all accounts payable processes and are updated on a regular basis.
- To support the Financial Controller with the production of the year end statutory accounts where required.
- To support the accounts receivable coordinator when required.
Required experience and skills
- Strong understanding of accountancy and tax principles
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
- Exceptional numeracy skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident approach and positive, proactive attitude
Desired experience and skills
- Skilled use of Xero accountancy software and affiliated apps
- Experience with using GSuite (google docs, sheet, drive).
- Knowledge of the veterinary industry
For more info please contact Leigh Macfarlne
Job Type: Full-time
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77380042