Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) - Cardiff
£55-£60 per day
Academics are currently seeking to recruit a learning support assistant to work in a primary school in Cardiff. We are looking for a hard working, enthusiastic individual, who has a passion for working with children in a school environment. We have a strong link with a number of schools across Cardiff, who are looking for a learning support assistant to use their own initiative in the classroom and who can also work with children on a 1:1 basis to help them learn and grow.
If you are looking for a career in education or a stepping stone to becoming a teacher, then learning support assistant work is a great way to gain valuable experience. The best way of learning is in the classroom working alongside teachers who can pass on the ins and outs of teaching as well as first hand working with pupils in a school environment. This will allow you as a learning support assistant to really take note of teaching styles and ask questions when working with small groups of children.
We have opportunities starting ASAP can provide anything from daily work for those looking for flexibility to permanent roles for people who would like a career as a teaching assistant. Currently we are looking for a qualified teaching assistant, due to the demand from schools we are always talking to individuals who may not have the qualifications but have experience within a classroom setting.
To become part of the Academic teaching team you will:
* Have experience of working in a classroom setting within the last 3 years
* Experience in a primary school setting is beneficial but not necessary
* Able to provide support to children of varying abilities in an innovative way
* Able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
* Able to support the learning policies and become an active member of the teaching team
* Able to expand the learning ability for pupils of all levels
As part of the Academics Supply Team you will benefit from:
* The support of a dedicated Primary consultant
* Plenty of opportunities for long term contracts as well as an option of shorter and periodic work
* Competitive rates of pay
* Excellent opportunities for CPD training (including Read, Write Inc)
* Opportunity to join our Team-Teach training scheme
To Apply or for more information please contact the Cardiff office on 02920 100525 or email
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77353589