Purchase Ledger Assistant
Do you have 2 years’ purchase ledger experience?
We have an opportunity for a professional Purchase Ledger Assistant who has a methodical approach to join our Finance team based in Bradford. You will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary,plus benefits.
We are a forward thinking and dynamic logistics business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We operate from multiple UK locations and supply our customers with end to end supply chain solutions including freight forwarding, contract logistics, value added services and UK distribution.
Our working environment is energetic and supports a culture of people achieving their full potential. Our values are the foundation blocks of how we work together and through innovation, training & development we are growing the future of supply chain. Our people are at the core of our business, that’s why we provide significant opportunities for your career progression and personal development.
As our Purchase Ledger Assistant the main purpose of your role will be to assist the Purchase Ledger team with accounting and administrative duties, reporting to the Purchase Ledger Controller.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities of our Purchase Ledger Assistant;
- Coordination and collation of purchase invoices
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices within the purchase ledger process, adhering to internal authorisations and processing on to the accounting system
- Reconciling of supplier statements
- Assisting in the weekly payment run process
- Handling of supplier invoices
- Maintaining the filing system, archiving and recording of accounting records off site
- Sorting and distributing post
- Working on projects within the purchase ledger department to implement improvements
- Assisting the team with new software implementations
- Supporting the team with tasks to ensure month end deadlines are met
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required that are relevant to the role
To become our Purchase Ledger Assistant you must have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ purchase ledger experience
- Computer literate including a good working knowledge of Excel
- Confident communicator with a polite telephone manner
- Professional, accurate and methodical approach to work
- Experience of working with Sage (Preferred)
- Accounting qualification (or studying towards) (Preferred)
If you think you are the right candidate for our Purchase Ledger Assistant role then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77355349