Apprentice Insurance Technician - IMMEDIATE START
My client is a globally renowned insurance company that was founded in the UK almost 10 years ago. The group's executive team who run the company have all worked for the world's major insurance brokers in the City of London for around 20 years. The company operates on four continents and has further expansion planned to ensure it continually services the challenging needs of its global client base.
Summary of job:
To promptly and accurately process premiums, issue policy documentation and credit control premiums. To perform advance monitoring of policy renewals and instigate the appropriate action that will provide the best opportunity for the company to win the renewal. Administer the day to day claims process and promptly and efficiently respond to client/insurer/management queries. Perform other duties to ensure the smooth running of the office, in particular the diary management process.
- Assist with the prompt and accurate processing of premium entries onto the accounting system
- Assist with the prompt Issuance of policy documentation and invoices to clients
- Assist with the monitoring and chasing of renewals using the renewal list and record progress.
- Assist with the monitoring of client accounts and credit control as appropriate to ensure timely payment of premium.
- Endeavour to ensure that the minimum value of premiums is overdue for payment.
Assist with the monitoring of insurer accounts and liaise with the Credit Controller in order to ensure prompt collection of RPs and prompt payment to clients as appropriate.
- Assist with the management of the diary of daily and weekly priorities and ensure that all tasks are completed each day.
- Assist with the promptly administration of the day to day claims updates, advices, etc and management of the claims database.
- Respond to general queries and process mid-term adjustments on the day of receipt.
- Ensure all filing is completed at the end of each day.
- Daily paying in of cash/cheque receipts.
- Assist with the monitoring and action of the company's premium finance i-mails.
- Answer the office Switchboard telephone and handle any calls or direct to the relevant person as appropriate.
- 3 A-levels (Or equivalent) A*-C (preferably in Maths, economics, English or I.T)
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good use of initiative
- Logical & mathematical thinker
- Eloquent and clear speaker
- Strong work ethic
- Outgoing personality and 'can do' attitude
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77309301