LFG Resource Technician
LFG Resource Technician - Brazier covering the Midlands/ Essex area - £30k
Clemence Rogers are currently recruiting a LFG Resource Technician to be based at the Brazier site covering the Midlands and on occasions assisting with the Essex area.
Purpose of Role
Primarily responsible for the collection of landfill gas in compliance with our statutory and contractual obligations, company policies and standards and industry best practises. Utilising BATNEC, the successful candidate shall maintain effective gas control and supply fuel to our power stations by taking responsibility of allocated gas fields and where necessary contractors who shall be responsible for ensuring the, Landfill Gas Collection Systems across all operating sites are installed, maintained and managed for the optimal extraction of landfill gas and to prevent gas migration. All duties must be carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with our or with regard to the values and budgetary constraints.
To keep the Gas Resource Supervisor fully aware of all activities being undertaken on their sites and to work closely with the operational teams to ensure we are fully fuelled at all times and that the interface with our Customer's activities in managing their landfill sites has minimal impact on the fuel supply.
To keep the Gas Resource Management informed of the Company's performance relative to its obligations, good industry practise at all times through timely reporting of exceptions via Monitor Pro, maintaining Key Performance Indicators to demonstrate performance relative to internal standards and the effective management of the Gas Resource.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* To manage the gas fields to fulfill contractual monitoring requirements and to meet the operational performance standards required and highlight where additional resources are required to fulfill the obligations in the GMP
* Ensure that the gas required to meet the budgeted generation targets is available at each of their sites or there is a relevant action plan to mitigate the variation
* Responsible for managing and importing monitoring data and taking appropriate corrective actions highlighted by the Monitor Pro reports
* Oversee system shutdowns and undertake minor remediation and pump service or exchange
* Able to compile operational reports / procedures, analyse data & undertake dynamic Risk Assessments when required.
* Undertaking troubleshooting exercises to understand the scope of potential remedial work on the LGCS's
* Actively ensuring their own health and safety, and the safety of others through understanding and implementing their workplace health and safety obligations, are a role model for health and safety.
* Communicate effectively with all staff, and encourage positive dialogue between team members.
* Oversee works undertaken by contractors when required
* Take ownership of allocated gas fields or Sites with focus on achieving the gas field KPI's
Safety, Health & Environment
* Actively pursue the culture of zero harm, ensuring all relevant internal and statutory health, safety, and environmental standards and procedures are adhered to in line with the corporate Health and Safety policy
* Participate and comply with all statutory/corporate health safety and environmental initiatives
* Ensure Accidents, Hazard inspections, safety audits, and other inspections are conducted and recorded in line with corporate policies and procedures
* Ensure high levels of housekeeping standards are continued at all times
* Take immediate corrective action to prevent injury or prevent recurrence of at-risk behavior to staff or contract personnel
* Aim to maintain Zero workplace LTIs and environmental reportable incidents
* Report accidents and incidents promptly and participate in accident / incident investigations.
* Carry out hazard inspections, safety audits, and other inspections as required.
* Write and issue risk assessments and method statements for specified tasks.
Key Skills and Attributes
* Work collaboratively as part of a team or on individually to achieve set objectives.
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and Monitor Pro
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated
* Actively support the implementation of the company values
* Able to work without direct supervision
* Work based experience in appropriate technical discipline such as Environmental, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or Environmental Science.
Hours of Work
* 40 hours/week excluding a lunch break and any such hours reasonably necessary for the proper performance of the duties and responsibilities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77097520