Hospitality Accountant - Home Counties - Up to £33k
The Company and the Opportunity
We are currently working with a leading Hospitality Group who are looking to recruit an experienced Accountant to work on-site at one of their venues in various locations (Home Counties). This will be a very 'Hands on’ Accounting role as the venue operates a number of Events throughout the year. This is a fantastic opportunity for a varied and busy role. Study support is available as well for ACA/ACCA/AAT.
- The Accountant role is the key finance contact in the unit, supporting the General Manager, and managing a team of up to 7 (on Event days).
- It is a broad role encompassing "standard" accounting disciplines and tasks such as weekly and monthly reporting, preparation of budgets/forecasts, credit control work, reconciliation and review, and "keeper" of key finance controls.
- In addition there is ad-hoc finance project work, and liaison with their partner’s management accounts dept.
- It also has some very operational work mainly relating to event days, namely maintenance of tills, management of the cash office, and end of day checks. This is more about managing effectively and making decisions, rather than being technically expert in accounting.
- As the role is broad (finance and operational) the successful person will be a good all-rounder. You must be organised and logical, and have a good level of accounting experience. You must also be a very good communicator, be comfortable taking charge and having responsibility.
- Ideally the client is looking for a candidate who has Finance experience gained in a Hospitality or Leisure environment. For a full Job description please apply in confidence.
- In addition, you need to be flexible on working hours as Event days can be very long, and occur at weekends and on bank holidays
· You will be Graduate caliber, or equivalent, with intent to qualify as an ACCA, ACA, CIMA or AAT Accountant.
It is Forrester McKenzie's policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained.
Forrester McKenzie is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76125311