In House Paralegal
In House Paralegal
Location: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Wintech provides independent facade engineering consultancy services that are aimed at improving the quality of the envelope of a building, whilst reducing cost and risk to the Client.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Paralegal, with a keen interest in working in the construction and engineering industry, to join our fast paced and innovative team.
The successful candidate will be based at our newly renovated head office in Wolverhampton, reporting directly to our Group Managing Director.
This In-House Paralegal role will require the individual to review and negotiate professional appointment documents and other construction documentation with clients and their solicitors. They will also need to provide advice and support, on contractual and contentious legal matters, to the Group Managing Director.
Key Responsibilities of a Paralegal with Wintech:
- Review and negotiate contracts with support from our Professional Indemnity Insurance Brokers.
- Assist consultants with expert witness instructions.
- Take responsibility for annually renewing Wintech's professional indemnity insurance policy.
- Provide ad-hoc legal advice and guidance as may be required from time to time.
The ideal In House Paralegal:
With a law degree and previously paralegal experience, the In House Paralegal will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, primarily Outlook, Word and Excel. They will also have:
- Legal expertise and experience in contract drafting and contract negotiation
- An excellent grasp on the English language, in both written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to think strategically and creatively; to identify, research and resolve legal issues.
- The capacity to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
- A highly-developed organisational skill set and be articulate, detail-orientated and hard-working
Construction industry knowledge would be preferable, but is not essential, as external training will be arranged
Additional training will be provided for Contract and Construction Law through the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
If you have the knowledge and experience required for this role and the drive and commitment to succeed within this position, please submit your CV for consideration in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515161