Telematics Project Engineer
Our high profile client in the automotive industry is currently looking to recruit a ?Telematics Project Engineer? to work at their busy site in Gaydon in the West Midlands.
- Maintain the Telematics components, working closely with Tier 1 supplier and vehicle programmes
- Plan and deliver Hardware and software releases of complex components, cross car line
- Manage prototype/launch builds: planning (configuration management/BOM Validations), marketing alignement (feature coding) and part availability/suitability
- Deliver PSW for given components at the expected timeline for the programmes and manage exceptions
- Coordinate with multi-functional teams both on and off board to deliver full system to vehicle lines
- WERS releasing coordination with offshore team
- Leading EMC deliverables for the components and ensure vehicle-level conformance for all vehicle lines with support from HW engineer
- Ensuring adherence to PCS deliverables across multiple vehicle lines
- Support in driving continuous improvements within their area of responsibility - quality improvements, process improvements, cost improvements, margin improvements.
- Electrical/Electronics qualification
- Engineering background, particularly telecommunications, and its integration in a vehicle environment
Coming from an Automotive electronics development industry, or similar (aerospace, telecommunications etc) you will also have the following education and experience:
- Degree qualified in a related subject
- Understanding and experience Infotainment/Telematics system development, from specification, through realisation to End of line.
- Relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Software and hardware validation experience.
- Self motivating, Self managing, Pro-active.
- Automotive process knowledge in WERS, AIMS, RMDV, PACN and Digibuck/Vis-mockup preferred, training to be provided.
- Detailed understanding of Telematics landscape, including NAD, SIM technology.
- Passion for Telematics and telecommunications
- Electrical engineering experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Full European/UK drivers license essential
*Please note: Due to the high level of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted
*All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship or restriction
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959514082