SOFTWARE TEST ANALYST
Working for a major company that specialises in financial services, we are looking for an experienced Test Analyst to join the software solution delivery & test team based in Wolverhampton.
Working as part of an expanding friendly and knowledgeable team, the successful candidate will be responsible for manual testing on existing and new functionality as part of the core product development cycle following an iterative style methodology. Working within the team, as the Web based offering evolves, to incorporate automated functional and non-functional testing.
Reporting to the Head of Test and Documentation, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Test scoping, estimation, scripting and execution of work items in a complex application suite
- Work closely with the development team to ensure effective test coverage and defect resolution
- Work closely with other areas of the wider business to understand functionality to produce effective test script coverage
- Accurate defect management - take ownership of testing defects raised
- Creation and maintenance of test documentation
- Proactively manage your own workload and inform management of progress in a timely manner
- Responsible for test environments, installs and any 3rd party applications required to run applications
- Some involvement in client facing projects may be required
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 - 4 years in a full-time testing role, ideally in a Software House environment on complex systems
- Strong experience of manual functional testing
- Experience of using automated testing for both desktop and browser based applications (This will ideally include non-functional as well as functional)
- Familiar with SQL able to write basic scripts to create and manipulate data
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise work and can work unsupervised to meet deadlines and deal with changing priorities.
- Flexible attitude and ability to work with minimal written documentation
- Understanding of the full development life cycle
- Excellent communication skills - fluent in English language (verbal and written)
- Methodical, hardworking, enthusiastic
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with programming languages (VB.NET/C#)
- Able to create stored procedures and an understanding of data modelling
- Experience of Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Experience or knowledge of the financial market place
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515165