Technical/ Solution Architect
A cutting edge digital agency urgently requires a talented technical architect with solution architecture skills. This is an asap start so the ideal candidate will be immediately available.
You will define the technical architecture and be the technical lead for the delivery of a complex recruitment service based primarily in Bristol. You'll be part of a multi-disciplinary, highly-skilled digital team adept at delivering complex digital projects. The tech stack has not yet been decided but is likely to be either C# or java. The ideal candidate will be skilled in both languages.
- Lead a team of developers and testers through the full lifecycle of development
- Act as a trusted advisor to the client, providing pragmatic solutions to real-world problems
- Designing, developing and delivering solution concepts in partnership with the client's Technical Architect
- Write code
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for GDS beta service delivery
- Actively participate in the Valtech Technical Architecture community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge, and bringing best practice.
- Liaise with technical leads from other third parties throughout the project duration
Essential Technical Skills and Experience
Key skills and expertise level (Expert / Professional / Competent) for each:
- Demonstrable knowledge of coding in multiple programming languages, primarily focused on the JVM or .Net ecosystem (Expert)
- Experience taking ultimate responsibility for designing and delivering one or more large scale solutions, understanding the various cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance and quality (Expert)
- Organised and led a team of at least three others. Experience of running multiple teams concurrently is highly desirable. (Expert)
- Experience architecting solutions, including creating architectural artefacts, such as high-level designs, disaster recovery plans and support documentation (Expert)
- A rigorous understanding of automated testing, including Outside-In BDD and TDD (Expert)
- Working knowledge of multiple storage technologies such as SQL and No-SQL (Professional)
- Understanding of Cloud computing and virtualisation (Professional)
- Commercial awareness of customer needs from a consulting perspective (Expert)
- Technically lead cross-functional teams (Expert)
Please send recent CV for consideration
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515623