QA Automation Test engineer
Nottingham based Global business and financial services client are looking for a QA Automation Test engineer to join and existing development team to work on both greenfield projects and an existing suite of products
Global business and financial services client with offices in Nottingham
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Risk products we are putting together a new team, from the ground up. The role of the Software QA Automation Test engineer will take an active part in shaping in developing the multiple aspects of testing within the QA team.
The role will focus on both manual testing and automated UI testing, however there will be opportunities to gain exposure to both webservices and Performance testing carried out within the QA team.
You will be expected to work very closely with your peers across the wider Risk team, thus a commitment to collaborative problem solving and analysis is essential. Equally a positive and proactive approach to knowledge sharing is required to succeed in this role.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Develop both manual and technical tests in-line with QA standards
- To execute both technical and manual tests as and when needed.
- To gain a thorough understanding of the different testing capabilities within the QA team
- To take a proactive approach in increasing the test coverage where required
- QA Team Lead (reporting to)
- QA peers and colleagues
- Wider Risk community
as the QA Automation Test engineer you will need the following
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Demonstrable experience of manual testing
- Demonstrable experience of writing structured automated tests
- An exposure to source code management tools
- Demonstrable experience of test management tools, e.g. Jira
- Demonstrable experience of the defect management lifecycle
- An understanding of the test lifecycle (planning, analysis, execution, reporting)
Desired Skills/Experience Required: (Outline in bullet point form the nice to have skills & experience)
- In-depth experience across the testing lifecycle (planning, analysis, execution, reporting)
- Good experience using Selenium WebDriver and or Cucumber or other Automation testing tools
- Good Java or C# programming skills
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming techniques
- Experience in using technology/tools such as: Selenium WebDriver, JMeter, SOAPUI
This Nottingham based QA test engineer role has a permanent salary of £35,000 - £50,000 dependant upon experience and skill set
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959514771