Network Engineer DREAM JOB
Network Engineer *** DREAM JOB ***
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: Up to £90,000 (depending on experience) per annum + Benefits
This really is a dream job for any good Network Engineers based in London. Working for a wealthy and rapidly expanding company (think of the likes of Google, Cisco, Microsoft etc.), employee benefits include share options in this great company, outstanding offices worldwide, luxury travel / accommodation and free restaurant quality food, drink and expenses on a daily basis, plus many more. Based 70% of the time in London, you will also be on the ground throughout Europe during your time with them. You?ll spearhead network deployment, support and service improvement.
- Support Networking needs in the UK & Europe
- Collaborate with fellow engineers on deploying resilient and scalable network architecture with minimal downtime
- Deploy and scale network infrastructure with minimal downtime
- Solve complex network issues in production, colo, lab, and customer environments
- Develop creative solutions to complex technological challenges
- UK citizenship, having lived in the UK for at least the last 5 years
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- 3+ years of Networking experience; superior knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN (wired & wireless), WAN, and Firewall environments; understanding of all OSI Layers from application to physical
- Experience with two or more of the following vendors: Cisco, Arista, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper
- Experience with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements (LACP, L2 ECMP, 802.1d/w/s, 802.1X, 802.1Q, etc.)
- Extensive experience with routing protocols and associated enhancements (BGP, OSPF, Anycast)
- Basic experience with cloud hosting services (e.g. AWS or GCE) with regard to network peering, performance tuning and perimeter security
- Experience with Network Management Systems architecture, such as network monitoring, anomaly detection, device management, etc.
- Basic programming skills or knowledge (Python preferred), Git, and expertise with REST or JSON APIs is also a bonus.
Knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- VPN (GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs,)
- Wireless (802.1a/b/g/n/ac)
- Datacenter Virtualization (ESX/KVM/OpenNebula, etc.)
- Global and Local Server Load-Balancing (GLB/SLB)
- Multicast (PIM-SM, MSDP, IGMP)
- WDM (DWDM/CWDM)
- Experience with computer room construction and operation (power, HVAC, UPS)
- Experience with QoS and real-time traffic management
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Active SC/DV clearance or the ability to obtain it
If you are interested in this position, or can recommend anyone else, please contact Artche Harrowell at NST Recruitment on ************* / ****************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515339