Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Deeside, North Wales, Food Manufacturing
The Company is one of the largest manufacturers of breakfast cereal and cereal bars. Their position as a market leader is as a result of over 30 years of continuous growth. They have captured the market delivering into all major UK food multiples.
Due to a recent shift pattern change and a decision to increase their manning levels they now have several vacancies for shift based engineers (3 Mechanically biased multi-skilled engineers).
Ideally, they are looking for multi-skilled tradespeople with experience in an FMCG environment, able to carry out planned, predictive and re-active maintenance of plant equipment and machinery with the aim of maintaining plant reliability at +95%.
Key objectives of the role include:
- To respond to machine & auxiliary failures
- Troubleshooting and fault finding on a range of electrical and mechanical plant equipment, packing machinery and site services
- Installation, commissioning and repair of all plant and facilities
- Assist the manufacturing department with line adjustments, changeovers and breakdowns
- Responsible for improvements and reduction of downtime through increased efficiencies through own ideas and input
- Be able to work unsupervised when tasked to do so and to organise the work of others in response to the site needs
The Ideal Candidate:
- A qualified engineer to HNC/NVQ Level 3 standard in an electrical, mechanical/multi-skilled discipline
- Hands-on multi-skilled experience on automated machines within a continuous manufacturing environment - ideally food manufacturing
- Working experience of integrated systems, automatic packaging and palletisation systems
- Knowledge of AC and/or servo drive systems
- Safety driven
- Team worker with the ability to work under own initiative
Hours of work: You will follow a 12 hour days/nights pattern working 4 on 4 off on a 24/7 rotation.
Salary: £38,303.02 per annum (inclusive of shift premiums)
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to: Engineering, Shift Engineer, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Senior Engineer, Food Manufacturing Engineer, MultiSkilled, Multi Skilled, Supervisor, Liverpool, Chester, Mold, Wrexham, Nantwich, Crewe, Birkinhead, Manchester, Warrington, Crewe, Cheshire, Merseyside, Wirral, Flintshire
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959517321