In House Corporate Tax Manager
Corporate Tax Manager position for In House Team
Swindon Based Business
- Take the lead on the group's corporate tax affairs including leading the investments compliance and oversee the tax advice given by the investments team and their advisors.
- Give tax support on commercial property acquisitions for family investment companies; working with the property team and their advisers to optimise tax efficiency and acquisition structuring, identify and manage tax risks, including reviewing tax warranties and indemnities.
- Review the share pooling for the equity portfolios, the work having been prepared by the Tax Graduate in the team. Provide support to develop them.
- Prepare year-end corporation tax returns and computations, including participating in pre-file meetings with HMRC.
- Ensure non-UK and intergovernmental tax obligations are met, including managing the outsourced US tax return compliance, identifying and managing tax compliance obligations in other countries, and managing FATCA compliance.
- Draft replies to HMRC queries and enquiries
- Prepare tax accounting calculations and ensure that all entity and consolidated accounts show appropriate tax figures and disclosures, including preparing an explanation of the groups Effective Rate Tax and Total Tax Contributions for the Board. As part of this, lead a review of the processes and systems used for calculating and consolidating the group's statutory tax figures.
- Provide input into tax provisions for management accounts and budgets. Oversee the development of slick processes for collating the information required from the investments team and other parties (internally and externally).
- Prepare the VAT compliance and accounting for the entities within the VAT Group, including ensuring partial exemption calculations are in accordance with the partial-exemption special method (PESM) agreed with HMRC and monitor the VAT Group and PESM are regularly reviewed to ensure tax efficiency is optimised.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the investments and property teams in order to provide timely tax advice and solutions to challenges which arise.
- Build a strong relationship with the group tax team, such that there is a good level of understanding of the interactions with them.
- Provide tax support on projects as and when required
- Provide support to the team on any other matters which may arise.
- Either ACCA/ACA and/or CTA qualified
- Minimum of three years' tax experience post qualification
- Exposure in dealing with property transactions and investment funds, including private equity and M&A experience would be preferable.
- Good tax technical knowledge across the full suite of taxes, including VAT, and experience of investment companies is desirable but not essential
- Strong appreciation of how tax fits into the wider business context
- Ability to understand tax issues and convey the impact to a lay audience
Excellent Benefits Package
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959516763