Technical Designer, Lingerie & Swimwear
Job Title: Technical Designer, Lingerie & Swimwear
Reporting to: Head of Design
Curvy Kate is a market-leading and award-winning international lingerie and swimwear brand. We specialise in the fuller bust from D to K cups and our company purpose is to make women feel fabulous about their figure!
We are a passionate and hard-working team, committed to giving the best to our roles and providing the greatest possible customer experience.
These are exciting times for the business and having seen dramatic growth this year we are targeting further growth for 2018 and beyond. We look for friendly, self-motivated people to join our team and help us achieve our goals.
About the Role:
This is a newly created role reporting to the Head of Design. You will be required to develop technically viable products in line with brand strategy and under the guidance of the Head of Design. The role will centre around the development of products for Curvy Kate Lingerie, Curvy Kate Swimwear, Scantilly and Flirtelle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Technical Design process on allocated products, from concept through to production.
- Development of allocated products through fitting, pattern amendments and grading in accordance to the Design Critical Path.
- Maintenance and development of product, componentry and fit standards throughout the development process on allocated products.
- Maintaining clear communication within business and with overseas factories.
- Maintain and develop our culture and core values.
Technical Design Process
- Design and develop allocated product under the guidance of the Head of Design.
- Create and maintain garment specification sheets on allocated products.
- Working with Head of Design to develop innovative products through toiling & creative pattern cutting.
Fitting & Pattern Development
- Demonstrate understanding of excellent fitting product and develop awareness of fitting challenges and solutions.
- Develop fit patterns using Lectra software in accordance to the Design Critical Path under the guidance of the Head of Design.
- Maintain and update digital pattern library.
- Organise fitting sessions with internal & external models, document findings and action required pattern and specification changes under the guidance of the Head of Design.
- Apply established grading increments to patterns following base size approval. Maintain and/or develop this grading through to pre-production approval, under the guidance of the Head of Design.
Maintenance of Standards
- Ensure established standards of fit, componentry and overall product are checked and maintained throughout product development.
- Check and maintain required garment measurements and tolerances throughout product development.
- Develop further awareness of own brand and competitor product fit and performance.
- Conduct regular fit comparisons of new product within the market.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with overseas factories to ensure product development leadtime is met.
- Document and communicate the development of product within the Design team and wider business.
- Support junior members of the design team when required or in the absence of the Head of Design.
You will have the following experience/competencies:
- Competent, proactive and self-motivated.
- Degree in Contour Fashion BA(Hons)
- 3-4 years’ experience in similar role, specialising in Lingerie & Swimwear, processing fit amends & grade application.
- Proficient in Lectra software, for pattern amendments & grading.Software update training is available.
- Proficient in Adobe software for creation of technical and design drawings.
- Keen interest in fuller bust & fuller figure Lingerie & Swimwear product.
- Experience dealing with overseas factories is desirable.
- Ability to work well under pressure within a busy design team.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexible and reliable with a positive attitude.
- Ability/willingness to travel if necessary.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills.
What we offer:
- Immediate start
- 37.5 hours per week
- Salary £26,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
- Target driven bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days holiday including public holidays (increasing with service)
- Staff discount.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV together with a covering letter telling us what it is about Curvy Kate that attracts you to this role and why you are the right person for us.
Please include one interesting fact about you that is NOT on your CV!