Senior Devops Engineer - Linux AWS - Manchester
Senior Devops Engineer ? Linux, AWS - Manchester
Senior Devops Engineer ? Linux, AWS ? sought by global market leader at their offices in Manchester. Please note travel to other company offices & client sites will be required with this role.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Continuous Integration & Deployment: expert knowledge of principles and implementation
- Extensive experience of Cloud Computing preferably AWS
- Automation technologies: Bamboo, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Jenkins
- Containerisation: Docker, Docker SWARM, Nomad, Kubernetes and ECS/ECR
- Version Control Systems: Gitlab, Git, Subversion
- RedHat, Centos or Debian Linux administration
- Administration and configuration of UNIX applications
- Application load balancers and DNS name resolution
- Java Development - able to write simple programs
- Maven 2 - POM creation, hierarchies, dependency management, repository management (Artifactory), version numbering, snapshots, assemblies, archetypes (desirable)
- Python, Perl and/or bash scripting experience
- Strong technical leadership and customer facing skills
As a DevOps Engineer you'll have a brilliant understanding of cloud and architecting for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services our client requires; focusing on automation, decoupling, self-service and containerisation.
Must have a confident, diplomatic approach with strong Linux administration and hard-core automation skills. The successful candidate will be working on-site as part of an existing team promoting self-service and automation to customer development teams.
A full job description is available to candidates meeting the above minimum criteria, please apply in the first instance with your latest CV outlining your salary expectations & availability for an immediate response.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515224