An exciting opportunity now exists for an Electronics Technician in our engineering department. He/she will work within small dedicated project teams in the creation, testing and approval of high volume and safety-critical embedded systems for the Industrial and Mobility vehicle markets.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be qualified to HNC/HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline
- Have at least 2 years' experience as a technician within an electrical engineering environment
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of circuit schematics and general electrical principles
- Be able to produce prototype circuit diagrams, PCB layouts and assemblies from Project Engineers original designs
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of electronics principles
- Have the ability to formulate test procedures given system requirements
- Be able to carry out and record results of test procedures
- Have a working knowledge of Surface Mount Technology
- Be able to utilize in-house design software packages and be proficient in a wide variety of MS Office programs
- Ideally, have a basic understanding of software platforms (e.g. C, LabVIEW)
- We are looking for someone who is a self-starter but equally capable of working within a team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and enthusiastic, have good attention to detail and be a good communicator with a desire to deliver and contribute fully to successful projects. For the right candidate, there will be opportunities to further your career into areas such as product design.
Immediate interviews offered for the right candidates.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition opens an email client application and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request
Transform Your Tomorrow...Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And...that's just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE:CW) is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products and services to the commercial, industrial, defense and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide, and has a turnover of over $2.5 billion per annum.
Curtiss-Wright's Industrial Division unites two organizations that provide high performance valves and leading-edge components and sub-systems across a diverse set of global customers and markets. The Industrial Group makes components and subsystem solutions for the Off-Highway, On-Highway, and various Commercial Vehicle markets. The Valve Group provides design, manufacturing and testing capabilities of severe service valves and actuation for Defense, Nuclear and Commercial Power, Petrochemical, and Oil & Gas industries.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959511333