Our client is a packaging artwork production agency with offices spread across the globe. They are currently looking for a driven and experienced Financial Controller to join their recently expanding team in Hessle, a short train ride from Hull city centre.
Heading up a team of 10, the Financial Controller will produce accounts and reports for all European operations and reporting into Corporate HQ in the USA. The European operations have grown significantly and further growth is planned. The company operates in a fast moving market with demanding requirements both from clients and internally in terms of speed of response for accurate information.
The role entails:
- - Preparing statutory accounts for two trading companies and other non-trading companies.
- - Working with external auditors, tax specialists and Corporate staff to ensure deadlines are met for completion of statutory accounts.
- - Preparing and presenting quarterly forecasts and an annual budget working closely with a small management team and ensuring these are submitted to Corporate Finance to deadline.
- - Supervising staff working on Payroll (using a third -party payroll bureau), Accounts Payable and Receivable and Cash Management and comprehensive Balance Sheet controls.
- - Working closely with the Production, Commercial and General Management team in Europe to produce detailed management accounts and a large number of further reports required for the management of the business.
- - Qualified to ACCA / ACA / CIMA
- - At least 10 years of experience in a business or finance environment;
- - People management experience and good leadership skills
- - A strong character with excellent interpersonal skills, ready to work with equally demanding colleagues and clients
- - Outstanding mathematical skills
- - Solid written and verbal communication skills
- - Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- - Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- - Proven analytical skills
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959519338