Desktop Support Technician / IT Support - Microsoft, Windows, Office
DESKTOP SUPPORT / IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Are you a Desktop Support / IT Support Technician looking to step up and further your skills in a well-developed Desktop Support unit?
We're recruiting on behalf of a prestigious, successful, national organisation. We're looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Desktop Support Technician / IT Support professional who is looking to join a team of highly experienced Desktop Support professionals, in a forward thinking and fast paced organisation.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Windows Support experience essential
- The personality to work well in a team, adapt well to different situations especially under pressure
- Experience using ITSM tools for Incident management
- Service Desk environment / experience desirable
- Experience troubleshooting software issues on desktops and laptops; Including Windows XP, 7 and 10
- Setup and troubleshoot tablets and smart phones, iOS and Android
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktops and laptops and mobiles
- Experience installing software, patches and updates on Desktops, Laptops, and tablets
- Troubleshoot email, AD, Exchange, network, software and printing problems
- Highly focussed on providing great customer service with exemplary communication skills
- Tenacity to go that extra mile to solve a problem
- Excellent communication / people skills. You will be based at HQ amongst some of the most senior people in the business and must therefore be able to communicate effectively with senior business partners / stakeholders / clients etc.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- MCITP, A+, Network +, MCDST
- ITIL Certification
- OS X 10.6 and above Certifications
- Android and iOS competency
- Experience in using, and maintaining an endpoint suite such as LANDesk
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Integrate well into the team, showing the aptitude to help others
- Browse the call queue and follow an ITIL process for dealing with incidents in a timely manner minimising impact to users
- Liaise with all IT Teams and departments to identify root causes and prevent future problems
- Build and setup Desktops, laptops and Macs, mobiles, tablets etc
- The enthusiasm to work with, and integrate new technologies to aid business development
- Communicate to all levels of the business
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who has already gained significant experience in an IT Support / Desktop Support role. Due to the diversity of the company there is a wide variety of software and hardware that the candidate will support. The team is encouraged to look to new technologies to help benefit the business, so the successful candidate will be expected to work with current technologies, and introduce new technologies as they become available.
The candidate must work well in a team, but be able to work on their own and make their own decisions when required. They will need the confidence to be able to communicate to all levels of the business, and be flexible enough to help support the off-site, major events the client supports.
South West London (SW1), a short walk from Victoria Station.
SALARY / BENEFITS:
- £26,000 starting salary with a development plan for promotions/pay rises
- 5 weeks? holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme ? company matches up to 4% of contributions
- Interest-free travel loans
- Employee assistance programme
- Death in service benefit (3x annual salary)
- Life balance time (after qualifying service)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Staff bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Great opportunities for personal and professional development / progression within a well established & prestigious national organisation
Please send your CV in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959519420