Security Design Engineer
Our Client, a global engineering and technology services company, is looking for two Security Design Engineers to join their team. The successful candidates will be supporting a new large scale project based in Surrey.
- Carry out project specific designs.
- Ensure a full understanding of the OR and SSOR documents.
- Develop designs to meet the requirement of the project specification.
- Ensure full implementation of the Clients Quality Assurance and Audit procedure throughout all sectional phases of the project.
- Oversee subcontract and supplier design submissions.
- Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design.
- Produce and agree with the client a comprehensive cause and effect matrix.
- Create technical brief and requirement for each discipline for procurement and contractual agreement.
- Provide technical input to enable all system and layout drawings to be produced by the project CAD Engineer.
- Lead the design approval process and take ownership of client technical agreement and sign off.
- Implement tools and procedures that ensure compliance with detailed document control processes.
- Take the Lead Technical role throughout the detailed design phase.
- Implement demonstrable value engineering and continuous improvement solutions.
- Be responsible for the design throughout the life of the project from the initial enquiry to handover / acceptance.
Skills / Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Proven ability relating to the design of large, multi-discipline, integrated security systems.
- Ability to interpret client's technical documentation and develop functional specifications for the overall solution.
- Proven ability to professionally document, illustrate and present detailed security system design specifications.
- Excellent communication Skills; both written and spoken.
- Demonstrable ability to oversee supplier design activities, verify and integrate design information from external sources.
- Ability to interpret a performance based specification, to develop to a working design.
- Experience of working within an operations team with proven people skills; able to communicate at all levels.
- Networks - Minimum CISCO CCNA accreditation and/or relevant experience.
- CCTV - Diploma level qualification in relevant field and/or relevant experience.
- Electrical - Diploma level in Electrical related subject or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- C&G 2382-10 17th Edition.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515713