Head of IT Operations
As the Head of IT Service Operations, you will be responsible for the ITSM / ITIL functions. You must be a clear and concise communicator with the gravitas to deal with people across all levels. You must be capable of translating business challenges into technical issues and vice versa. You will be able to deal with technical and commercial stakeholders, including store, warehouse Operations, IT infrastructure and Software Development - 1st to 3rd line support. The role requires strong leadership credentials with the ability to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in when needed.
Experienced in running operations in complex 24/7 environments, you will be the escalation point for all major and high priority incidents and capable of driving resolution and stabilisation of services as quickly as possible, you will take the lead on incident Post Mortems.
You will need to help build IT Service strategies & solutions that will help build the reputation of the team and the services offered.
- A thorough knowledge and experience of rolling out ITIL process is required including Incident, Problem, Change and Service Delivery.
- Detailed operating knowledge of IaaS, PaaS & SaaS platforms is a must for this role. You will seek and deliver new opportunities to drive further value from IT team and the service it delivers.
- Experienced in Business Analysis and Project Management, you will be able to work with other departments and the broader business to identify and deliver enhancements to Service, driving Runbook Automation and Orchestration.
- As a process expert, you will seek new and efficient ways to support the business and ensure we utilise automation and self-service whenever possible, reducing risk and driving performance.
- Performance and availability monitoring will form an important part of this role, experience in driving monitoring, alerting and reporting including dashboard development and scorecard presentation is a major advantage.
Experience in the following areas is advantageous:
- IT Infrastructure & environments
- Web Technologies
- Networking technologies
- Software engineering experience including Agile
- Enterprise IT Service.
- KPI Reporting and Management
- Excellent team development and people management
- Good planning and communication skills.
- A leader who possesses decision making skills
- A balanced character with good retail knowledge
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation qualified
- Understand release process end to end
- Process design experience
- Very strong stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of test processes and stages
- Strong environments scheduling and management knowledge
- Experience in managing strong personalities
- Confident presenter at senior level
- Active Listening & questioning skills
- Strong experience in KPI reporting
- Self-motivated and able to work alone or in a team.
- Team management experience of managing a minimum of 10.
We create an experience based on honesty, efficiency and integrity and having expertise within this niche means that we will give you realistic solutions to your recruitment needs.