Pipe Stress Engineer
A global engineering organisation are currently looking to recruit a number of Piping Stress Engineers to support a major Nuclear Project.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record with at least 5 years experience in the detailed design and analyses of piping systems, preferably within the nuclear industry.
Working knowledge of 'ASME III Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Division 1' Class 1, Class 2 & 3 piping is preferred
A working knowledge of the following non-nuclear piping codes is expected: B31.1 and BSEN13480.
Experience in detailed design and analyses of piping systems MUST include:
- Authoring design reports and stress reports,
- Substantiating or verifying design or stress reports,
- Pipe stress calculations using commercial computer codes (PEPs, ADLPipe, Pipe Stress, PSA5, etc)
- Hand calculations and Design-by-Rule formulae,
- Seismic, dynamic (waterhammer, relief valve, bursting disk, flow induced vibration) and fatigue design/analyses of piping systems.
- Design by Analysis (FEA) and/or hand calculations for piping components, piping supports and attachments.
Experience in the following is expected:
- Materials and components selection,
- Awareness of Inspection techniques such as radiography, NDT or NDE,
- Welding procedures or specifications
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959514058