We are seeking 3 experienced Maintenance Engineers to join a client site based in Didcot, Oxfordshire. You will support the client?s automated warehouse solution, maintaining the equipment on site and ensuring that it operates at maximum efficiency with minimal downtime.
As an on-site Engineer, you will work closely with the client and represent TGW during customer meetings and look to build the relationship with the site teams. You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a breadth of tools and systems, as well as proactively make an impact on the performance of the equipment.
- Autonomous maintenance activities of the automated equipment on site including, pallet conveyors, twin mast pallet cranes, weight checks, pallet lifts and pallet checks
- Support the automation to operate at its maximum efficiency ensuring that the customers? orders are not missed
- Comply to all current, future health and safety legislation at all times
- Attend customer meetings providing any updates on the automation
- Continually improve the performance of the equipment and how you work
- Actively work with the customer to optimise the automation performance
- Co-ordinate all planned preventive maintenance activities
- Work with a right first time mind-set at all times
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI?s
- Lead / co-ordination of any automation breakdowns and escalations
Skills & experience
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Completion of an electrical apprenticeship or an electrical qualification such as 17th edition
- Previous experience of working in an operational engineering role within a similar environment
- Experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems is preferable
- Able to work a shift pattern (4 on 4 off)
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to work in a time critical environment
We offer a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and pension, life assurance and 25 days annual leave.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959515573